BETAThis is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it
Adult Social Care - Appendix 1
London Borough of Camden
14 August 2020
Unequal impact of COVID-19: BAME disproportionality
The shielded population are those that have been defined by Government on medical grounds as medically vulnerable due to a clinical condition that puts them at High risk of developing complications from COVID-19 infection.
Those recommended to shield include:
• Organ transplant recipients
• Pregnant women with congenital heart conditions
• Those with rare diseases such as homozygous sickle cell, SCID and others
• Those on immunosuppression therapies
• People with specific cancers or those with cancer undergoing chemo/radiotherapy.
Camden has so far received the contact details of almost 8,000 residents identified by central Government, with more records likely in future.
The details received do not contain the personal characteristics of those on the list, although we have received an overview from North Central London NHS.
(note: above is broken down into shielder’s location and BAME ward profile, shielding population by ethnicity, shielded food need and dietary requirements).