In the 2020 Annual Report, we present the results for patients diagnosed between 1st April 2018 and 31st March 2019 in England and Wales including:
1. The participation of NHS providers and the completeness and quality of the data submitted to the National Cancer Registration and Analysis Service (NCRAS), Public Health England and the Wales Cancer Network, Public Health Wales.
2. Patient demographic information, key aspects of the diagnostic and staging process they underwent and the treatments they received.
3. The variation in disease presentation and treatment allocation across NHS providers in England and Wales. For the first time, we report on the use of prostate plus pelvic lymph node irradiation men with high-risk localised/locally advanced disease in England.
In addition, we present:
4. Treatment outcomes (up to two years post-treatment) for men in England and Wales undergoing radical prostatectomy (RP) or radical external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) in 2017.
5. The functional outcomes reported by patients (urinary incontinence, sexual or bowel functioning) following radical treatment (RP or EBRT) for prostate cancer.