The analysis provided here considers some basic factors around the current producers and users of national addressing data, without attempting to quantify in detail the wider social benefits arising from improved transparency and efficiency in public service delivery, the benefit citizens will derive from these improved services and the potential for business growth and increased employment were this data to be made open. Although many of our benefit estimates are approximate when combined we believe that the benefits calculated could easily exceed £1bn per annum.
More like this
- Annexes to The Case for an Open National Address Dataset- November 2012
- The case for an Open National Address Dataset- November 2012
- ODUG calls on the government to deliver an Open National Address Dataset under the Open Government License
- National Address Dataset Benefits
- ODUG Benefits Case for the Open Release of Police National Stolen Vehicle Data