This Side Note provides guidance to assist implementers planning to use ISB data standards for recording a person’s language(s) and any assessment of language proficiency that may be made on a person. It describes:
- The relevant ISB BDSs and how they meet the business needs
- Planning for use of the standards
- Implementing the standards within systems
- Exchanging data according to the data standards
- Some potential implementation issues and how to manage them
The ISB standards are capable of handling any Language data no matter how complex. This document gives guidance on how to apply the standards to handle any situation.