Gloucestershire Council is currently seeking to move its adult education services out of the Council by August 2013. The service provides adult education services to the general public, including ‘First step’ skills (literacy, numeracy, IT); skills training and professional development; personal and recreational skills; and multi-generational learning.
The Potential Public Service Mutual (PSM) and Gloucestershire Council are keen to explore mutualisation as an option for service delivery and an alternative to the authority outsourcing the service to the private sector. The adult education service currently provided in house is successful and creates a financial surplus, with a turnover of c£2.9m per annum.
The primary objective is to develop a full business plan for the Potential PSM, which is fit for purpose for two objectives:-
1. To be able to present an assessment of commercial viability, and subsequently:-
2. Pitch a sufficiently robust case to convince Gloucestershire Council that the service would be able to become independent and have a financially sustainable plan. The plan needs to show the added value that the new company can give the authority by being independent.
A Supplier will be appointed to deliver services to the Potential PSM in the following areas:
1. Business Planning and Commercial Assessment
To participate in this procurement, Potential Providers must first be registered on the Government Procurement Service e-Sourcing Suite.
If you have not yet registered on the eSourcing Suite, this can be done online at https://gpsesourcing.cabinetoffice.gov.uk by following the link ‘Register for GPS eSourcing’.
Please note that, to register, you must have a valid DUNS number (as provided by Dun and Bradstreet) for the organisation which you are registering, who will be entering into a contract if invited to do so at the Invitation to Tender stage.
Full instructions for registration and use of the system can be found at
Once you have registered on the eSourcing Suite, you will need to express and interest for the Mutuals Support Programme – Gloucestershire Council procurement. This is done by emailing ExpressionOfInterest@gps.gsi.gov.uk.
Your email must clearly state:
• the name of this procurement (Mutuals Support Programme – Gloucestershire County Council) and the RM reference number RM1126-SB;
• the name of the registered supplier; and
• the name and contact details for the registered individual sending
Government Procurement Service will then process this email and assign your organisation to the opportunity. The registered user will receive a notification email to alert them once this has been done.
The Invitation to Tender will be issued to Potential Providers who have successfully registered by the registration deadline (25/09/12) on Wednesday 26 September via the eSourcing Suite.
For technical assistance on use of the eSourcing Suite please contact the
Freephone: 0345 010 3503