Given the purpose of the Programme is to create a strong, effective and impartial Civil Service. This support is critical to meeting milestones. The objectives of the Programme being to:
• To implement the TCI Government Ministries with their underlying structures in such a way that each Ministry has a clear purpose, strong leadership and the right teams within each Ministry to deliver the business of government.
• To select the strongest senior team possible and support both leaders and managers through training, coaching and mentoring given the importance of providing strong, uncompromised leadership and effective management the programme will look to maximise the opportunity.
• To drive efficiency and effectiveness in government. This being achieved through the creation of appropriate organisational structures (whether delivered by government or outside of government), the creation of processes that look at delivery from the perspective of the citizen.
• To select the right individuals to deliver government, starting initially with the refresh of the next tiers of Management, ensuring that all teams are appropriately paid. This will be delivered through an open and transparent recruitment and selection process and the use of a consistently applied pay and grading system and performance management system.
• To increase transparency in the public sector, we will publish information that will give citizens the ability to hold civil servants to account, civil servants will sign up to a code of conduct that requires them to be impartial and to act with integrity.
• To re-organise the statutory bodies such that they meet the needs of government. This will mean that we will consider the most appropriate way to deliver each statutory function.
• We will improve the way we communicate with all stakeholders including TCI citizens and businesses.