The National Heritage List for England
Below is the reply I sent you on Friday 6 February 2015 at 16:47:
I've recently joined the Cabinet Office Transparency Team. Apologies if no one has come back to you before.
Below is the current English Heritage license information. I hope this helps.
1. Subject to the terms below, you are now granted a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the National Heritage List Text Entries. You may:
copy, publish, distribute and transmit the National Heritage List Text Entries
adapt or modify the National Heritage List Text Entries
exploit the National Heritage List Text Entries commercially for example by combining them with other information or by including it in your own product or application.
2. You must always use the following attribution statements to acknowledge the source of the information:
© English Heritage [year].
The National Heritage List Text Entries contained in this material were obtained on [date]. The most publicly available up to date National Heritage List Text Entries can be obtained from http://www.english-heritage.org.uk.
3. The same requirement for an attribution statement must be contained in any sub-licences of the National Heritage List Text Entries that you grant, together with a requirement that any further sub-licences do the same.
4. You must ensure that you do not use the National Heritage List Text Entries in a way which suggests any official status or that English Heritage has endorsed you or your use of the National Heritage List Text Entries.
5. The National Heritage List Text Entries must not be used for purposes which may lead to damage to archaeological sites, historic buildings and landscapes.
6. You must not mislead others or misrepresent the National Heritage List Text Entries or its source.
7. You must ensure your use of the National Heritage List Text Entries complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
8. The National Heritage List Text Entries are updated on a regular basis. They are current only to the date of the dataset as given on the downloadable data.
9. All intellectual proprietary rights in the National Heritage List Text Entries and the documentation remain vested in English Heritage and its licensors.
10. The Ordnance Survey map is provided solely to indicate the location of the designated area. The spatial data for listed buildings does not indicate the extent of a listing or the
Additional terms for use of Ordnance Survey maps at the end of National Heritage List Text Entries and individual list entry maps:
1. You are granted a non-exclusive, royalty free, revocable licence solely to view the map for non-commercial purposes for the period during which English Heritage makes it available. You are not permitted to copy, sub-license, distribute, sell or otherwise make available the map to third parties in any form. Third party rights to enforce the terms of this licence shall be reserved to Ordnance Survey.