UKGovLD - opening the doors event
The UK Government Linked Data Working Group - Quick Start Team event - opening the doors was held on the 5th November 2012. The event was for anyone interested in being a part of the UK Government Linked Data Working Group, helping build UKGovLD ahead of major efforts next year to drive the Linked Data agenda forward.
Welcome, introduction and outline for UKGovLD were provided by Alex Coley who was voted in a Chair of UKGovLD at the end of the event.
A series of 5min presentations highlighting the mix of Linked Data projects across the public sector provided an enlightening and diverse session. All slides are available in pdf format.
- Jeni Tennison - An Open Data Institute view
- Steve Peters - Linked Data at DCLG
- Martin Farrell - A local government perspective
- Paul Davidson - Open Public Services
- Mike Thacker - Value in Open Linked Data
- Oli Bartlett - BBC Linked Data Platform
- Chris Martin - Potential Barriers to Open and Linked Data
- John Goodwin - RAGLD developers framework
- Hugh Glaser - sameAs.org
- Phil Archer - A World Wide Web Consortium perspective
- Ed Parkes - An Open Data User Group view
- Richard Goodwin - Linking Data from unstructured and semi‐structured sources
- Lizzie Adams - Linked Data at Land Registry
- Tom Guilbert - Where next for environmental Linked Data
- John Sheridan - One direction
Further details about the UKGovLD including the details of how to become a member are available on http://data.gov.uk/linked-data/UKGovLD/