NMS Programme for Engineering and Flow Metrology 2008 - 2013 (Amendment 6)
Estimated length of contract
£23,836,121 - £23,836,121
Location where the contract is to be carried out
Name of the buying organisation
The National Measurement Office
Description of the contract
The mission of the Programme is to support technological innovation through the provision of measurement capability, ensure cost effective, valid and traceable measurements for Length, Mass, Density, Force and Flow in the UK and establish the equivalence of these measurements with our trading partners.
The aims of the Programme are:
- To enhance wealth creation, prosperity, innovation and industrial competitiveness by improving measurements of Length, Mass, Density, Force and Flow and to provide leadership amongst the UK Engineering & Flow Community in the application of leading-edge science and technology.
- To underpin the requirements for stable and accurate Engineering & Flow measurements to support regulations for, and to provide a sound basis for, costeffective and reliable measurements.
- To support engineering measurements in the healthcare sector intended to improve quality of life throughout the UK.
- To transfer the outputs of the programme in terms of knowledge and technology to users, including manufacturers, SMEs, regulators and trade bodies.
- To support trade and the comparability of UK measurements by participation in international comparisons and the development of an infrastructure for the global acceptance of measurement results.