GP Ratings iPhone app rates all 8,344 GP Surgeries in England by mining the 11 million responses from the Department of Health’s national GP Patient Survey. With an average of 191 patient responses per question, app users can now make informed choices about their healthcare.
Patients enter their postcode or use the inbuilt GPS technology to locate their closest GP surgeries. The resulting list of local surgeries is star rated enabling users make detailed comparisons between healthcare providers. The app displays the ratings provided for the following questions:
- Would patients recommend their GP Surgery to others?
- Are patients able to see a Dr. within 2 working days?
- Are patients satisfied with their ability to see a preferred Dr.
- Are patients satisfied with the care they received?
- Do patients have confidence and trust in their Dr.?
- Do patients feel their Dr. involves them in decisions about their care?
- Are patients happy with the surgery opening hours?
Mark Barrett, of FineFettleApps.com said, “When I moved house my family and I registered with our local surgery. However, we weren’t happy with the care our son received.
“After searching online, I realised I didn’t have enough feedback from other patients to help me make an informed choice about the best GP surgery to register with. So instead I used Government Transparency Data and found that by linking up different spreadsheets I could find a better GP surgery that I knew listened to their patients and could see us quickly.
“I decided to use data to build a simple app, transforming the data into star ratings so others could make informed decisions about their healthcare too.”