'Camp Sight' by Pitchup.com and Geo.me
'Camp Sight' removes the need for a traditional search box to find campsites, holiday parks and local attractions.
‘Camp Sight’ key features:
- Standard, terrain, aerial and hybrid Google Maps or Night Map
- 'Storefinder' technology to find campsites near any location, or postcode
- Search by name for campsites
- Routeplanner, including the ability to define 'corridors' within 0.5 – 50 miles of a journey between multiple locations. Users can select to view only points of interest within the corridor
- Find campsite information including accommodation types, official ratings, contact details, GPS co-ordinates, rating, features and photos and link to Pitchup.com page
- Find directions between campsites and nearby railway stations, and airports
- Accommodation filters, allowing users to deactivate irrelevant holiday parks or campsites
- Numerous data layers are capable of being toggled on or off:
- Points of interest - Beaches, labelled with 2010 bathing water quality - UK’s top 500 attractions - Battlefields - World Heritage Sites - BT Hotspots
- Rich media - YouTube videos - Webcams - StreetView - Live Traffic - Wikipedia entries - Panoramio photography
Apps submitted to data.gov.uk are currently approved for publication on the general level of their context and appropriateness. Whilst we review these on a periodical basis, we do not own responsibility for the regular update and maintenance of these apps. Any queries about individual apps or tools published need to be directed to the originator.